Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Woohoo, it's a new day! I actually got a little sleep last night. I didn't sleep all the way through the night, but I only woke up once, so I will call that progress. I was able to shut my mind off a little about having surgery. I did wake up with a bad dream, sort of, more like a what I call "morning dream". You know, the dreams that you have when you're kind of awake, but kind of asleep. I dreamt that I got up on the day of my surgery and had coffee (which of course I can't do!) at a friend's house (also won't be doing that), and got to the hospital where I proceeded to get an IV and started crying and freaking out, then I started throwing up, then I realized that my husband wouldn't be there with me because he had to work (also not happening). I didn't really wake up with a start, but I did wake up thinkin "what the heck?" I really need to quit worrying so much. One of my biggest worries is about food. I HAVE food, but the problem is that Mark doesn't cook, and I don't really think that I'm going to feel a lot like cooking after coming home. I know there are at least 2 meals coming from people in the old homeschool group I was part of, but other than that...... well, I'm just concerned about it. Oh, well. One must do what they must right?

On another note, we got probably 3/4 of the main bath remodel done. Just a little more left. We painted the the cabinets this really beautiful light blue with a gray-ish tint, and the trim to match. We got the lighthouse border up around the ceiling, and the rest of the wall painted white. We still have 2 more cupboard doors to prime and paint, and I need to buy white knobs for them and white hinges. Oh, and we also need to put the new tub surround up, and get the paint that I dripped (oops) on the floor up and the nailpolish my sweet little daughters have gotten on the counter and on the floor. The shower curtain is hanging in my closet right now, trying to get the wrinkles out before we put it up too. It's also lighthouse themed and matches the wall border. I'll try to get some pictures up when it's finished. I think it's going to look really good, it's not even finished and it's already looking much, much better.

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Christi, I can bring you a meal. I will contact you soon. I forgot, when do you go in?

Sheri

6Greenstogether said...

I go in on Friday. The surgery is scheduled for 9:30 am, so I have to check in at 7:30am. Thank you so much, that would be such a blessing!

Rebeca said...

Praying for you Christi!
Rebeca