Friday, January 16, 2009

Whew

Well, I'm home from the hospital, I came home on Monday. I'm very sore and very tired and have an 8 inch long incision on my lower abdomen, I believe they call it a bikini cut. The incision looks good, and for that I am glad. I am still praying that I don't get any infections! It's been tough getting around, and I am so grateful for all the prayers and meals that people have been bringing over. It's been a huge releif to know that I don't have to cook, and Mark doesn't have to learn to cook! LOL. My stay at the hospital was uneventful, it was nice to be able to take those few days and relax, and just let someone else take care of me. I have to say though that the pain I was expecting and the pain that I have are different. It's very much like a c-section, only worse. I guess when you're pregnant your body naturally is preparing for the trauma of birth, while a hysterectomy, you're body is not "preparing" for anything, and SURPRISE! You've just been butchered. I am trying to stay down and let myself heal, and take the pain medications that they gave me, but it's hard to do. I'm not used to sitting around, so I find myself doing things that I shouldn't be doing before I've realized I did them. Then I did too much, and hurt myself, and have to take more medication. It's a vicious cycle. I feel bad though putting so much burden on Mark. He's willing and he keeps telling me it's ok, but I just can't help feel bad, you know? He's doing MY job! LOL. Oh, well. I need to go rest now, but I just thought I'd try to update everyone about what's going on, and let everyone know I'm ok.

2 comments:

the happy yapper said...

I'm so glad you are doing okay. And, yes, you need to rest and stop trying to do too much or else you'll take longer to heal!!! lol I continue to pray for a complete and speedy recovery!! :)

charisse said...

I'm glad your home know and all went well. I was thinking of you and hoping everything went well. Play some board games with family or sit down to watch a movie. I hope and pray that you will find comfort and peace with ALL your family and friends.