Friday, January 16, 2009

The morning of

Ok, so I'm a wreck. I hardly slept at all, but I expected that. I'm exhausted and I WANT COFFEE!!! But I can't have any. My stomach is in knots anyway, and I've got a very nervous stomach, so it's probably best that I don't have any. I leave for the hospital in about an hour, and my house is a mess. I guess that's to be expected, as yesterday I was kind of in a slump. I was feeling kind of depressed and very anxious and I just didn't get anything done. Well, I did get some done, but not as much as I had hoped. I really didn't feel like I had any energy yesterday, which I suppose is from not sleeping much the previous nights. I have my bag all packed and ready to go, and I kissed my kids up last night and gave them great big hugs before bed, and they still don't quite understand that mommy's not going to be home for a few days, and don't even bother trying to explain surgery to a 4 year old. LOL. She just couldn't fathom something like that. Mark tried really hard to stay up with me last night because I just couldn't fall asleep. Finally at around 10:30 I told him to just go to sleep, he was so tired from working and I didn't want him to be exhausted the next day. Poor guy. He works so hard. Anyway, I thank everyone for their prayers and support, without all of you, I'm sure I'd be an even bigger wreck than I am already, and I especially thank everyone who is bringing a meal to my family. It really means a lot to me to have all of you. I'll try to post on here or send a message to the group when I'm out of recovery and into a room. Providing I'm awake.

3 comments:

H0MEFree said...

God's hand is mightily on you and your family. There is so much peace in that knowing He is in control and working out His plans to prosper you and not to harm you.
Much love to you,
K


homeschoolblogger.com/h0mefree

the happy yapper said...

I pray a speedy and thorough recovery and may you feel God's peace. :) God loves you SO much!

Kim said...

Just wanted you to know you're in my prayers. I hope you recover quickly. Take care!

In Christ,
Kim