Wednesday, January 14, 2009

One day closer......

Ok, so I slept just ok last night. I'm really getting frustrated about the lack of sleep that I've been suffering with. It's really hard to wake up repeatedly all night, and I don't even have a newborn! LOL. I'm sure it's still just my nerves about having surgery. Today and tomorrow is all I have left before the big day. I've still got SO much to do to prepare! There are now 4 families that are bringing a meal for my family, and that is making me feel SOOO much better. I've also stored a couple of meat dishes in the freezer for my husband to just heat and serve, and all he'll have to do is make a veggie and maybe some rice or potatoes or something. He's such a good Daddy, but he is severely lacking in the cooking department, LOL. He can bake like nobody else, but cake and bread are not going to feed the kids LOL. Well, it will feed them, but not in a "healthy" sort of "balanced" way LOL. My nerves are really frazzled though, I had my anesthesia appointment yesterday, and the did labwork. It became really surreal to me after they put a blood bank bracelet on my arm and said that it was imperitive that I wear it. They did a match, cross and type for the bloodbank, and it kind of scared me. They said that with any abdominal surger especially regarding female organs, there is a high risk of bleeding and they need to be prepared to give me a blood transfusion. I think I turned white when she said that because she asked me if I was ok. Then they gave me some special soap that I have to scrub with at home the morning of my surgery called Bactine, or something like that. That helps keep down the amount of bacteria that gets in to the operating room. Of course when she had talked about bacteria in the OR and risk of bleeding and infection, my mind just took off with that and RAN. *sigh* I am having a really hard time just NOT thinking about things like that. You know, the "what if's". I keep praying and trying my hardest to just give it to God, but geesh. That's hard to do! I am confident that everything will be alright and work out in the end though. I just need to I guess dwell on something more pleasant. I still have a TON of work to do with cleaning, organizing, and getting myself prepared to be in the hospital for 3 or 4 days.

There is something fun going on at the same time though. Tonight my husband and I are going out to dinner with the owner of Lane Forest Products and his wife. We've known them for a long time, and even though they are my husband's employer we've developed a relationship with them that I would ALMOST call friendship. They are taking us out, which is nice since we're, uh, how do you put that delicately, "financially challenged"? LOL. Some place next to Adam's Place that is Morroccan themed. I can't recall the name. I don't think I've ever had Morroccan food so this ought to be interesting. They've taken us out before, and it's always interesting to be let into their world breifly. They've got money, and higher standards for food and such, so when we get a sneak peek into what the upper crust gets to do for fun and what they eat is always a wonderful experience for me. I have a true love affair with food, and I enjoy so many types, kinds and I adore flavor. The last time they took us out was to Ambrosia. Let me tell you..... Oh Boy! That was some seriously good Italian food. Some of the best that I've ever eaten, and the experience was just so much fun. I'm hoping that tonight will be as much fun as last time and I'm looking forward to spending time with some good people, and having a great time.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I am praying you will have peace.

Sheri

Rebeca said...

Praying for you friend! How fun that you get to go to the Moroccan place! Erik and I tried to go there on Monday for our anniversary but it wasn't open that night. Sometime! You'll have to let us know how it is. I love ethnic food too. We ended up going to Ambrosia instead, and it was delicious.
Well, I hope your evening out is fantastic, and that you are having peace in these days.
Love,
Rebeca