Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Woohoo!

Today is a better day. I'm still sore, but I'm definietly feeling better. My energy level is still pretty low, but I anticipate that it should start getting better soon. It's such a relief to start to feel better though. I still have pretty significant sweeling on one side, but I go to the doctor on Thursday, so I'll find out about that then. Hopefully it's just normal, not infection or anything. My friend has also had a hysterectomy, and she calls me her hyster sister now. LOL. I just found that to be amusing. I had to explain to my kids why I had surgery. I dodged the question as long as I could, while I thought about what to say. In the end, I told them that the house that babies live in, is inside every mommy's tummy. Mine wasn't working right so the doctors took it out. That seemed to pass, although it spurred a billion more questions about babies and where they come from...... you know how it goes. I've told them that there are questions that I can answer now, and some have to wait until they are older. They seem to have accepted that for now, so I'm glad. Hopefully it will stay that way. Anyway, I'm off. Gotta do something.... laundry maybe? I'm so behind on everything, it's going to take me FOREVER to get caught up.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I am so glad that you are feeling a little better every day. Before you know it, you will be as good as new. And I like that, "a house that babies live in inside the mommy's tummy."

Sheri

charisse said...

I'm glad your feeling better too.
So when are you planning to move?
I'm sorry about your mother not able to a REAL mother to you.
I have almost the same situation too. I don't have much help from my mother either. Though, my mother would LOVE to be there more but her health won't allow to see us much.
I'm SUPERMOM, that's what I can describe about myself to others.