Saturday, September 26, 2009

I keep forgetting......

I know, I know.... I'm a terrible blogger! I forget frequently that I even have a blog. Well, it's just past 6am here and I've been up since 3, so I figured that now would be an OK time to try to catch up. Sort of.....

So I moved back home to Washougal. For the most part, I love it. I love seeing old friends, having fun hanging out, the slower pace, living near family (or in this case WITH family), and living in the country. It's so peaceful. What I don't love at the moment, is that my husband is still in Springfield, working and trying desperately to sell our house. I'm not going to get into all of the details of why I'm here with the kids right now, but lets just say it has a LOT to do with my mother. She is yet again attempting to destroy my life. She's a mean, vicious and vile woman, and I don't care if I never see her again in my life.

I've been having a lot more good days since I've been here in regard to my fibromyalgia. I think it helps a lot having the extra help with the kids, and being away from my biggest stress offender..... my mother. I'm currently looking for a new dr up here, and haven't had very good luck so far. The one dr I've seen so far wanted to take me off all my meds, and essentially start over. Not a good idea. I'm not a drug seeker, nor am I looking to get "high" off my meds. This is the regimen that works for me, and I'm really not interested in changing horses mid stream. I am going to see a friend's dr (my friend also has fibromyalgia) on October 6th, so hopefully he'll see that it's not a good idea to just go and change everything. Every person's body is different, and with having 4 other friends with fibromyalgia, we ALL take different meds, and that is what works for us. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to not have to take all the meds I take, but that is just not a realistic thought. There is no magic cure for this disease, and it must be treated on a symptom by symptom basis. That's why each person is so different in their regimen. I just need a dr that will accept that, and not "upset the apple cart" as it were. We can adjust things as they are needed, but in the meantime, I would like to keep everything else the way it is.

My kids started school September 1st. They're going to a small country school called Mt. Pleasant. It's the same school my husband and his brother went to when they were kids. I would have continued homeschooling them, but in Washington, you either have to have a teaching certificate, or you have to take them to a co-op sort of school, known around here as either "Homelinks", or "Home Connections". I have no certificate, and I don't desire to take my children to what equates to me as a public school, where I would have to drive them and it would really be a lot of in and out, driving and stress for me. I looked at my options, and decided that Mt. Pleasant would be the best option for us, AND they get to ride the bus (they love riding the bus), get swimming lessons for free as part of their curriculum, and can get the one-0n-one attention that they may need. It's K-6th, and said, that if a child is capable, they have NO problem advancing them a grade. I've known many of the staff of the school since I was a child, and many of the children that attend, are the children of MY former classmates. LOL :) Makes me feel pretty old. They really love it, and I'm glad they do. I believe the last I heard, there were some 60 kids in the whole school, and I appreciate the small community feeling of the school. In fact, next Friday, the whole school is going on a field trip to the zoo. It's just amazing to me.

So yeah, that's what's going on around here. I reconnected with a friend from long ago, and we've really been getting close. It got complicated for a while, due to another friend feeling inadequate or vindictive, not sure, lying to her about something I had supposedly said, that I didn't. We've talked about it, and realized that this particular friend, is someone that neither of us really wants to have in our lives. It's been nice getting to know here and spend time with her. She has 6 children, but one is grown and moved out. Her other 5 are still home, and her grandbaby is there often too, so I get a baby fix. :) It's just nice to have a friend to talk to, and just sit and drink coffee with. Our kids get along wonderfully, we get along great, and our husbands have been friends for YEARS! I've also been getting to know some of her other friends, and that is neat too, because we all get along as well. It's very interesting.

Well, that's all I can think of for now. So much has happened, and so much keeps happening. It's hard to keep everything together to form coherent paragraphs LOL. Say a prayer for us that our house sells soon. I'm getting really tired of only seeing my husband for 2 or 3 days every 2 or 3 weeks. I miss him terribly, and would like for our house to just hurry up and sell so we can be a complete family.

No comments: