Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The day after hernia surgery

Yeah, so I'm pretty much incapacitated and in pain. It sucks, but I know it will pass..... eventually. I feel like someone stuck needles all over the inside of my stomach, then ran me over with a mack truck, then backed over me again. I haven't been able to see all of the damage, because my stomach is wrapped tightly with a binder, but I have peeked down inside and it doesn't look good. I've counted at least 8 holes, not counting the holes for the instruments, so I would guess there's about 18 or so holes in total. I'm going to take pictures when I change bandages tomorrow, and I'll try to figure out how to post them on here then.

My mother in law and Aunt in law have been so much help, but they left a few minutes ago, and it makes me sad. I wish the could stay longer, cuz I really need the help, but my mother in law has to work tomorrow. :( I'm not sure how I'm going to make it now that they are gone, but I'll figure something out. We've begun getting some meals coming in, so that is a huge help. Yesterday Heather brought a wonderful spaghetti meal. I didn't get any of it until today for lunch but even reheated it was delicious! Tonight, we got a meal from First Baptist church, but I didn't get a call telling me that someone was bringing a meal, so one of the ladies from the homeschool group is bringing a meal too. It will work out perfectly though, cuz we'll eat one meal tonight, and the other meal tomorrow, then First Baptist is bringing another meal Friday. So that leaves Saturday, and Sunday to fingure somthing else out for food. First Baptist is also bringing a meal Monday, Wednesday and Friday next week, so we'll work something out for Tuesday and Thursday. I wish Mark knew how to cook LOL.

So, I'm pretty sure I'm going to call it quits on the homeschool group. I just don't feel like I fit in anywhere in this group. It seems really "elitist" or "country club" like. It's like I'm an outsider, that just doesn't fit in. I'm still going to pray about it a little more and see what God wants me to do. So far, it seems like I don't belong, but again, I will just have to see what God has in store for me and my family.

Ok, I've got to lay down. I'm really hurting a lot. I'll try to come back again tomorrow and update on other things that I just couldn't get to today.......

3 comments:

Rebeca said...

Thanks for the update Christi. I hope you heal quickly! So glad some meals are coming together for you. I'm sorry I haven't gotten anything together yet, but will try. Is there any way your husband could pick it up? I'm in Santa Clara area, so it's a bit of a drive. I'm functioning on pretty low energy these days with allergies, and am just not sure when I can get out your way. Blessings!

Joy said...

Been thinkin' and praying for you so much lately!

I sure wish I could just take away the pain for you. I know that you'll be okay. Just like you said...it'll pass.

I have a suggestion about the whole homeschool group thing...I know that Erin Knittle has found a great "Mom's Group" online. Perhaps there are some great homeschool groups online. Of course, keep prayin'. But I just thought maybe you'd find something just right for you...a forum/message board of some sort. ;)

I love you!

charisse said...

Christi,

I'm willing to come and help clean tidy up some things around house but one thing is, we don't really know each other and it's kinda hard to ask somebody to help when you don't know there back ground. What's your personal email address and #. Send it to me through yahoo mail. I just post something about Thistle Down farms.