Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sad and blue and feeling frustrated.

Yesterday my eldest daughter 6 yo was found to have headlice (by me), so in turn the other two kid and my self got it. How frustrating to have to treat 3 girls and myself. It cost me $60 to buy all the things needed to to take care of the problem, my hair alone took 2 bottles since it's nearly 3 ft long. As if that wasn't tiresome and exhausting enough, I had to remove and wash all of the bedding, mine included, put them all back on their beds and wash all clothes, coats, stuffed animals and spray all the mattresses the couches, seats in the van. I was exhausted so we had leftovers for dinner. Of couse I was already in pain by the end of the day yesterday after exhausting myself so much, and this morning I woke up even worse. You all know what it's like. A serious overdoing that causes you pain that day will multiply. I didn't hardly sleep at all last night, so now I'm not only in pain, but I'm just beat. Serioulsy bad exhausted. I ran out of muscle relaxers, and the doctor hasn't refilled them, I ran out of vicodin because the doctor hasn't refilled them yet...... Frustrating in itself. So my husband sends me a text message asking me "is it was morning yet." I sent one back saying "unfortunately it is." And he says, "what now?" I said "I hurt a lot and hardly slept and found 2 more bugs in our daughter's hair." Then he says "Is life for you ever goig to be good again?" I got mad first at his insensitivity, but now I'm just sad about it. He just doesn't understand what it's like to live in my body. I've tried to explain it but I just am not getting through to him. It's really sad to me to have my husband, my best friend, saying things like this when I need him most. Dang it I'm crying again..... What do you do? How do you make something like this better? How do you talk to someone who obviously doesn't understand. I'm just at a loss and I'm very sad about it. I could keep going but I won't.

2 comments:

charisse said...

I had head lice twice as a kid. Tips to help;
put things in dryer mostly(high heat is what kills them). Wash you hair with sea salt and vinegar every hour. Take a bath and soak full head of hair in water for 15 minutes. Those things at store aren't any good anymore and FULL of gunk to your scalp. Put some things in freezer if you have an extra one for a week. If you constantly wash correctly and use pick/comb everytime too for three days it WILL go away. Make sure everything your head touches goes in dryer too.
I hope it will pass soon.

H0MEFree said...

I am so so sorry. I am praying for you today. Right now.
All these things going on, although frusdtrating and painful, are a clear indicator that you are a strong warrior in the Kingdom and the enemy wants to keep you distracted and down.
Much love and prayers to you.

Miss ya,
K



homeschoolblogger.com/h0mefree