Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Suffering from exhaustion anyone? LOL

So it's been a rough week. The day before I got diagnosed with fibromyalgia my daughter Cheyanne threw up in the morning, not a terribly unusual instance, she hadn't had breakfast yet and decided to tank up on milk. That is something that is strictly forbidden with my children, because if they drink ANYTHING before they eat, they often throw up. Ok, well, better safe than sorry right? So I kept her home from school. As the day went on, everything was just fine, no more barfing, playing normally, watching cartoons, coloring, you know, the usual. The next morning, as I was getting everyone ready for school and to go to my doctor's office, my son Adrian throws up. Ugh, right before my doctor's appointment. Ok, well, sick people go to the doctor, so I guess he'll just have to go too. I need to see the doctor, it's really important, so I take a chance. Everything is fine in the doctor's office, I talk to him for a long time, get diagnosed with fibromyalgia, and we're ready to go home. As we're leaving, my daughter Sadie starts burping. Her burps have the tell-tale odor of illness. I don't know how best to describe it, but burnt eggs? I don't know, whenever my kids have the flu, including myself, there is this awful burp taste and/or smell that gives it away. Oh joy! The flu! I run to the store to pick up my prescriptions get some gatorade and crackers and such in anitcipation of the next few coming days. We go home, the ones that have NOT thrown up get lunch, and the sickies get some crackers and water. About an hour or so after lunch Sadie get's sick. Thankfully she had a bowl :) smart mama I am.... LOL. So now she's sick. I go through the day cleaning up messes, disinfecting, doing laundry, changing sheets. If you've got kids, you know the drill. Everything's moving along, but I'm tired. Fibromyalgia will do that to you, I'm just plain exhasted by bedtime, and all I want to do is just go to sleep. I can't sleep though of course, also compliments of fibromylagia. So I take a pill to help me sleep and of course, IT DOESN'T WORK! Of course right? About 30 minutes or so after I lay down to go to sleep, my little one, Ana wakes up and barfs all over her bed. I have to bathe her, change her sheets, spray and wipe down her mattress, get her settled with a bowl, and hope she gets some sleep. So I'm trying to sleep, getting up every 30 min to an hr to aid a hurling child, giving mid-night baths, doing laundry all night long. I think I ended up with about an hour of actual sleep. So the next day I'm wiped out. Well, all but one child is done, and feeling a bit better. YAY, except for Adrian. He's got what's called Cyclic Vomiting. If he throws up for any reason, it can end him up in the hospital. I keep Phenergran suppositories on hand always for this poor kid, because even something as simple as motion sicknes can throw him into a cycle of vomiting that can last for weeks if untreated. Well, he starts doing better, and by the following day (Thursday) everyone back in school and doing fine. YAY again! So Valentines day comes and goes uneventfully, and everything's good. We have a delicious home cooked steak dinner with the kids and a wonderfully relaxing quiet evening. Yay again right? WRONG! I wake up the next morning (Sunday) at 3 am and now I'm sick! I can't keep anything down let alone my fibro meds. So now, not only am I sick to my stomach, sleeping all day, but now I've got all of the fibro pains back and it feels worse than it did before I got the meds! I was pretty sure I'd never been so miserable in my life as Sunday Feb. 15 2009. Everyone is well now, thank God, and my meds are back on schedule, and I'm feeling much much better. I'm still exhausted, but I've got an appointment again on Thursday with my doctor, and my meds will be adjusted. Hopefully I'll get a medication for sleep that will actually work for me, along with a muscle relaxer that will actually work also, and I'll start getting some sleep. Anyway, It's a rough road learning to deal with the trials and tribulations of maintaining a normal life and learning to deal with Fibromyalgia.

No comments: