Thursday, February 19, 2009

And the journey continues......

So I'm finally starting to come to terms with having fibromyalgia. It sucks, but I'm not going to let it run or ruin my life. I've got a wonderful husband that is so very supportive of me, and I'm so grateful to God for putting him in my life. While he can't "understand" what I'm going through, he tries his best and is always there for me to lean on and I can't even begin to tell him how grateful I am to have him.

I went to the doctor today, and he changed my meds. Well, he didn't "change" them, he upped the dosages on them. So now I have to take even more, but hey, it's OK. If it helps, it's a good thing. While I don't like watching the clock and taking pills all day, it is making a difference, and that is definitely a good thing. He's a very understanding doctor too, which I can really appreciate as you can imagine. He actually listens to me, which I haven't had from a doctor in a long time, and I am so grateful that God keeps providing for me.

I'm learning a lot about Fibromyalgia. It's a very interesting condition, and very multifaceted, so I am learning that more and more of the problems that I've been suffering with since I was a child are probably due to having this condition. It's kind of a crummy problem to have, but I'm grateful that it's not life threatening. It is something that in time, I can learn to manage, if I'm dilligent and patient and I listen to my body. That is key, listening to my body. It tells me things all the time, and I need to learn to hear what it is saying.

I'm going to attempt to quit smoking soon. I'm a bit fearful about quitting. I've tried so many times and failed, that it's hard to believe that I can now. It's been a crutch and a friend for so long that my life is going to seem different without that smelly nasty cigarette. I'm reading a book right now called "Quitting the Easy Way", and I'm about half way through. It's been very informative and is giving me hope. I am going to do it. I can and I will!

I got a coupon in the mail today that I am really excited about. My doctor suggested getting massages for muscle pain and tension, but I was like "oh yeah, I can afford that". But this coupon just happened to show up in my mailbox today. It's for a 90 minute, yes I said 90 minute, massage for $57. That is a heck of a deal and I'm going to do it! I already asked Mark if it was ok with him and he said yes, so YAY! Now..... to find a babysitter LOL. I'm sure I'll figure something out, but I'm sure as heck NOT going to take even one singe child with me to it LOL. I'm going ALONE! :) Anyway..... that's what's going on the Green household at the moment. Hope everyone is happy and healthy!

No comments: