Monday, February 2, 2009

25 Random facts about me

25 Random facts about me, stolen from Shanna's blog LOL.

1. I have a genetic disorder called Nail-Patella Syndrome. If your curious about it, google it! :)

2. 3 of my 4 children also have the genetic disorder, our youngest, Ana, does NOT have it.

3. When we were in high school, my now husband, tried to get me to date him. I kept telling him no, as I was not allowed to have a boyfriend. One day he cornered me in the hallway by the lockers and told me that one day I was going to marry him. He went into the service, and I went into foster care and didn't see eachother for about 5 years. When we saw eachother again, it was instant chemistry, and we were married about a year later.

4. After the birth of my son, I wanted to have all boys. I have 3 girls now and my son LOL.

5. My grandma is my next best friend besides my husband.

6. I cannot function in the morning until I have at least 3 cups of coffee. I use lots of 1/2 & 1/2 in my coffee.

7. I lose stamina on projects quickly, and leave them unfinished for long periods of time.

8. I want to be organized, but I'm a terrible organizer.

9. I love to cook, however, I hate cleaning up my own mess after I cook.

10. I refuse to let my husband do laundry. I'm extremely picky about it, and I am sure he won't do it right. Right = my way, so his way = wrong. Right?

11. I have amazing inlaws. I couldn't have asked for any better. I'm so blessed.

12. I'm addicted to Bath & Body Works scents. I've got 4 different smells that I rotate. Warm Vanilla Sugar, Country Apple, Cherry blossom, and Sweet Pea. Sweet Pea and Warm Vanilla Sugar are my two favorites that I use most frequently.

13. I'm on a bowling league Sunday nights. I haven't bowled in 3 weeks since my surgery and I'm DYING to go throw a ball down the lanes. Have to wait a couple more weeks though.

14. I have a woodstove in my house, and I'm cold blooded. It's not unusual for me to keep the house at a balmy 80 degrees in the winter time. My kids have to run around in shorts and tanks, poor kids.

15. I've gained 5 pounds in the 2 weeks following my hysterectomy.

16. I'm a penny pinching miser, that refuses to spend money on anything that is not neccessary. My printer has been out of ink AND paper for almost 3 months, but I can't see any reason to buy any, so I haven't.

17. I never buy clothes for myself. My husband picks out, buys and brings home clothes for me, when he thinks I need some. I'm cool with what I have, but he thinks I need more LOL.

18. I rarely eat breakfast. I'm not a morning person, and I'm not hungry usually until about lunchtime.

19. I love to fish, hunt and grow vegetables. I wish that things in the world were more "old fashioned" and I had someone to can and butcher with.

20. I have absolutely NO artistic ability. I cannot paint, draw, scrapbook, craft, knit, crochet, or any other sort of crafty sort of thing. I can however decorate a cake. Doesn't make any sense I know.

21. When I was a little girl, I wanted to be an Archaeologist, and still to this day I am fascinated with History, and Archaeology. I'm addicted to the History Channel and National Geographic Channel.

22. I love romance novels, especially by Jude Deveraux, and left to myself I can read 2 novels in a day if I am not constantly interrupted, or if I have nothing else to do. (like when I was in the hospital)

23. I love a good football game on a Sunday afternoon. Falling asleep on the couch while relaxing with a belly full of football snacks is right up my alley.

24. I don't make friends easily or quickly. I am too quiet and I'm always leery about what people "really think" about me.

25. I love being a wife and mommy and I wouldn't trade what I do for any amount of money or any other career in the world.

No comments: